Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Days Grow Shorter

Tuesday Aug 28

Back on the Presumpscot, the young Cormorant was hanging out at his usual perched place.


Cormorant River Silhouette

Just up-river, the sun is setting over a gorgeous, peaceful waterway.
 My camera battery is dying. The last blurry shot is of a doe.  I saw three deer tonight. She was the second one.  She kept stamping her hoof on the ground repeatedly.  She walked behind a bush, but continued to watch me and doing the same hoof behavior.  After I went a short distance downstream I come to a fawn grazing by the side of the river.  This was probably why the mother didn't recede back into the wooded area and instead had watched me intently and kept my attention...she was diverting it away from her offspring.  What a cutie that little deer was.

A really big beaver that was on the side of the rive darted into the water when I approached.  Bats are flying overhead, crickets are cricking, and the waxing moon rose and shone gently.   It's late now, all trace of sunlight dissolved, and only the moon to illuminate the river. 

Perfect.

No comments: