Monday, July 2, 2012

Storm Before The Calm

July 2 had been a hot, sunny one. Then, as often happens in summer in Maine, clouds rolled in.  Didn't think too much of it. Clouds are a staple along seacoasts. Then...
Enroute to the river and suddenly the dark clouds could hold back no more, releasing a torrent of rain.
At the river the dark clouds rolled away, revealing blue skies.

A few hours later ~ MoonRise



Turned the headlights on during the drive to the river, due to the rain. Forgot to shut them off. Battery dead. Just renewed AAA. It really IS worth it.  

Stopped at grocery store on the way home. A gal in front of me was buying two half gallons of Smirnoff Vodka. The clerk had stepped away and was just returning when I got to the register. She told the girl, "The manager saw you standing out front with a crowd of people. We'd need to see all their ID's before selling you the alcohol."  
"Okay, no problem," said the gal, who was wearing a yellow sundress and had a string of stars tattoo'd on her neck. I had seen the group of young people outside the entrance when I'd come in.  While scanning my groceries the clerk shook her head in disgust, "It's so ridiculous," she said. 
"Was she buying for the others?" 
She nods. "Looks like it."
When I went outside, the star-tattoo'd gal was still there, this time only one guy was left with her. I overheard a snippet of their conversation.  
"Fuck it, we'll just go to Shaw's for it," I heard her tell him. 

I guess Hannaford's can spot 'em.  


No comments: