Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beaver, Deer, Turtles and Damselflies

Okay, so late night as I was cruisin' by this tree which fell in the river two weeks ago I saw one of the beavers munching on it. So I got a pic of his meal tonight. This is what he was eating (note the underwater branch which he's also been munching) 
The beavers have been quite active lately; a number of young ones have started their own dwellings down the river yet close by the parents. 

 Rescued (intervened in the fate of) this little lady from the water tonight. I don't know if they sometimes get wet and stuck on the water or if they are dying and land in the water.  All I do know is their life expectancy is brief.
 You can just make out that brown spot mid-picture- a deer- who  watched me curiously, and I, him.  He didn't startle and run off, but walked quietly away. If I had a more powerful camera/lens I could have captured him perfectly. (Note the 'NO HUNTING' sign posted on a nearby tree)
 Turtle Between The Lilypads

No comments: