Thursday, September 6, 2012

'I gotta little change in the weather goin' jing-a-ling-a-ling

Sept 6.  You can really feel the change in weather.  Evenings cool down quickly, there's an almost chill in the air. Seen this floating on the river. Looked at first like a log. Closer, an animal.  Not certain what.  Didn't venture too close (too negatively aromatic)



The water is so calm, so mirror'ish, that you can't really tell what is up or down.
 REFLECTION:
  1. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.
  2. An amount of light, heat, or sound that is thrown back in such a way.
 MIRROR:
from L. mirari "to wonder at, admire"
                             LOOK CLOSELY - WHICH WAY IS UP?  THIS IS AN UPSIDE DOWN VIEW OF THE VIEW.                                        RIVER ABOVE, SKY BELOW, LANDSCAPE BETWEEN

SIDEWAYS VIEW IS NICE TOO

ACTUAL IMAGE

PINK SKY AT NIGHT, WATCHER'S DELIGHT
Four members of MOAC (maine outdoor adventurer's club) put in at the same time I did. Three were in sea kayaks, the fourth was in a recreational kayak similar to mine.  "Seventeen feet," one answered to my question of how long the sea vessel was.  Wow.  It would have stuck WAAAAY out the back of my hatchback.  (my 10 foot kayak pictured below)
 
I guess if I ever want to pursue sea kayaking I'll have to add a roof rack and take kayak lessons.

No comments: